Pepsi Performer rules
2. Registration Fee:
There is no fee to register or compete.
Pepsi Cola of Great Falls and STARadio Corp are authorized to resolve all disputes and may disqualify any contestant at any level of the contest for failure to comply with the rules and regulations, including errors and omissions.
4. Performance: The following applies to any Pepsi Performer contest:
· Each act entered in the Pepsi Performer must provide with their own sound track or can have some one –or- group accompany them. No acappella performances.
· Each act must perform live, vocally and/or instrumentally. No special lighting, props or special effects may be used. Performances may be videotaped for playback on selected STARadio Corp websites.
· Bands can perform.
· The amount of performance time given is the length of one song.
· There will be weekly performances on Thursdays from 5:30 until 7:00 pm at local grocery retailers in Great Falls beginning on August 29th at Van’s IGA 2505 6th Avenue North. A schedule of each weeks performance locations will be posted on this web site and will be promoted on- air.
· Each contestant will be contacted to be informed of their audition time as soon as it is determined. Each week we will qualify contestant to move on to the finals.
· The final event will be on October 3rd, however at this time the location has not been determined.
· All performances must be done in good taste: no music or lyrics that Pepsi Cola of Great Falls or STARadio Corp considers to be offensive may be performed.
· Age restrictions will be at the discretion of Pepsi Cola of Great Falls or STARadio Corp and/or its venue.
· Contestants may perform their own music and receive extra bonus points from the judges.
· Acceptable documentation to prove ownership of your music shall include either a certificate of copyright, proof of song registration with BMI, ASCAP, etc., or a notarized copy of the application applying for the copyright with a signed statement by the contestant as to its status.
· Performances will be awarded 1-10 points in each of the following categories: 1) Marketability in music; 2) Vocal/instrumental ability; 3) Originality; 4) Stage presence/charisma: 5) Talent. An optional bonus of up to three points may be awarded for acts performing their own music.
· In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker shall be the highest number of points given in the Talent category. The second tiebreaker shall be the highest number of points awarded in the Stage Presence/Charisma category. The third tiebreaker shall be by a secret vote of the judges based on overall performance style and impact.
5. Local Contest Prizes:
Official prizes are still being quantified for various places won in the competition, however the winner of the Pepsi Performer is offered a recording session in Great Falls, your song will air on STARadio, along with the opportunity to be interviewed to promote yourself or group. The Pepsi Performer winner will also receive gift cards and a guitar. Concert tickets, gift cards, musical instruments, along with other various prizes will be awarded to the next two finishers and randomly given to all performers. Pepsi & STARadio prize packages will be given to everyone who performs in the finals.
6. Promotional Authorization:
By submitting an Entry Form, the act (and each individual member thereof) grants to Pepsi Cola of Great Falls and STARadio Corp the right to utilize the act's (and each individual member's thereof) name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance in perpetuity worldwide for advertising, trade or any other lawful promotional purposes whatsoever, in any and all media now known or thereafter developed, without compensation. I/we grant Pepsi Cola of Great Falls and STARadio Corp the right to broadcast, market, sell and otherwise distribute my name, image, likeness, voice, appearance and performance, either in whole or in parts for commercial, non-commercial television, close-circuit exhibition, home video distribution, internet, or any other purpose Pepsi Cola of Great Falls and STARadio in their sole discretion may determine. I/we hereby give all clearance, copyright or otherwise, for the use of my name, likeness, image, voice, and appearance embodied in my/our performance. If under 18 years of age, parent or guardian must acknowledge/approve your ability to perform. If you are 13 years of age or younger, a parent or guardian must acknowledge/approve your ability to perform. In addition a parent or guardian must acknowledge and approve any individual identifiable information to include geolocation information, online contact information, photos, videos and audio files that contain a child’s image or voice as well as personal information submitted online by any person 13 years of age or younger.
8. Assumption of Risk:
By submitting an entry form, the act (and each individual member thereof) assumes all risks of property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the events. The act (and each individual member thereof) agrees not to bring against any national sponsor any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur from participation in this event.
9. Good Character:
The act agrees that it may be disqualified immediately from any level of competition if the act (or any member thereof) commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on the Pepsi Performer or any party furnishing a prize, or tend to bring it into public disrepute.
Submit any questions regarding eligibility to STARadio Corp or Pepsi Cola of Great Falls.
· I am/we are not an owner, controlling stockholder or employee of and I am/we are not related by birth or marriage, nor do I/we live in the same household as the local judge, Pepsi Cola of Great Falls or STARadio, any national sponsor, or any employee, controlling stockholder, owner, officer or agent of any of the foregoing parties